Friday, October 18, 2013

Today was one of those days that makes me stand in awe of what God has allowed the human body to endure and heal from and then kneel in tears when the body gives in and can endure no longer.

My sick little bronchiolitic from last week did miraculously well after one day of albuterol (inhaler with a rolled piece of paper for a spacer) and went home the next day.  The young girl with an allergic reaction (likely septra) took a major turn for the worse and passed away that night.  The little boy I was so mean to last time cleaning his ankle wound (fallen from bike) looked super...no worry about bone infection now looking at the wound..such nice pink new tissue.  He was running around smiling with only a slight limp.  He will be home in a few days.  Then 6 day old I saw in the morning being treated for sepsis/pneumonia, died before I could get an xray and start a different antibiotic. Felt inadequate in what I did, had available to do for her medically and then taking the grieving mom's hand and praying in English which she doesn't speak.  Death is such an enemy!

My last worry and prayer request is a little girl I spent most of my day treating.  She has pneumonia with prolonged respiratory distress. I am grateful God is not limited like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment