Saturday, October 26, 2013

One of our best pieces of news yet.  The medical mobile clinic doesn't have to be registered!  That is the timely advice we got from a local medical doctor/pastor.  Since Christine and I are both registered with the medical council as long as we connect to a local clinic and the district medical office where we go, we should be fine.  We planned on working with the local clinics anyway along with the local churches for our outreaches.  This means we can start getting supplies and readjusting a few things on the inside.  Neither of us thought we could go on a trip before our furlough next spring, but looks like we might be able to.

I've had two lovely evenings this past week at different pastors' homes.  So honored to be included in their events.  One was Bishop Simunyola wife's surprise b-day party and the other a thank you dinner at Dr/Rev Nyrienda's home.  Getting to know more people on a personal level is so encouraging.

Thursday was Zambia's Independence Day.  I had a quiet day at Bethel Clinic and Liteta Hospital.  Sadly the little girl with pneumonia passed away.  Amazingly enough she lived three more days after I left.  She was in respiratory distress for 5 days.  My consolation is that I tried everything I had available to me to help.  All the malnourished children I saw last week were still alive and doing fairly well.  I was glad to see them all still there.  My last patient of the day was a 3 y/o girl whose friend hit her head with a hoe.  The little girl was the bravest I've seen.  She only cried a little as I numbed (with unbuffered lidocaine) and stitched the laceration.

Today I joined Nancy, Archie and Christine for another Holy Spirit Conference at one of the churches that is getting a church building from the A/G soon.  It went very well.  We look forward to the conclusion tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment