Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Somewhat quieter week...only me and the dog in the house (a little too quiet sometimes:)  Last night was a good reminder of the amazing team I get to call my Missionfield Fellowship.  Our area directors Billy and Sue Burr are retiring and Lance and Mindy Hines are taking their place.  Last night Billy, Lance and Mindy joined our team for a braii (cookout) and time of fellowship. Many encouraging words were spoken.  I was reminded of how God's timing and placement are perfect. I was reminded of the legacy I stand on and of the people who have made my path possible by all they are given of their lives before me.  Such a joy to serve here!

I realized I forgot to give a very positive update from a past prayer request.  I previously asked prayer for a little three y/o boy with seizures in Nkoloma.  When we visited with my parents, we saw him.  Instead of limping around, barely talking or interacting, he is now at a full run, smiling, talking to me and giving high-fives.  We gave him a referral to the local health clinic.  His family took him and he started on seizure medication.  He is now having only about 1 seizure/week down from daily.  Praise the Lord!

On a sad note, I had to take the ministry center cat to the vet today to meet his Maker.  I will miss his constant meows as he walks across the center to greet me ( but not his claws).  Unfortunately something went wrong in his brain, and he had started attacking people randomly. RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment