Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our Community Health Evangelism convention is now concluded.  It went very well with just over 100 participants from about 6 different regions of the country.  The Sustain Hope team from the United States did a great job teaching about appropriate technology.  They taught about water sanitation, solar cooking and dehydration (yummy banana bread), efficient wood stoves, gardening techniques, natural insecticides and more.  I had very good responses to my classes on Moringa trees and composting.  I have about 40 people interested in learning the newborn resuscitation course for resource-limited areas called Helping Babies Breath.  I am planning on going to each community to do a day long training later this year.  We had good times of spiritual refreshment, encouragement, and challenge too.  I look forward to hear how the groups are implementing the ideas they learned.  I'll post some pictures when I collect them from Christine.  Thanks for all the prayers.

Wonderful praise report.  Amongst all our busyness, Christine told me last week the mobile clinic passed interpol paperwork!  Next week we will get the rest of the paperwork done for the road license.  So glad that hurdle is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment