Thursday, July 11, 2013



Here are a few pictures from Sports Day.  Bishop Simunyola is on the right, running to win the 400 m relay.  Can he run!  Below that is the women warming up to run the 100 m dash.  




Spent my first day at Balm Clinic working on Wednesday.  Saw a few patients, listened to a meeting about fundraising project, discussed painting the new wall sign out front, had a nshima/greens cooking lesson (and yummy lunch), and did some HIV reading. Good day.
Today I went to Bethel Clinic.  Below are two pictures from just outside the clinic on Fringilla Farms.  Can you tell why I love coming to visit this clinic?  The cows were so cute.  The two moms were very upset that they were separated from their calves (in the enclosure).  These cows are still milked by hand.  Fun fact about peacocks...they sleep in the trees at night.  
The little girl with the heart murmur came back to clinic today.  She gained 1.2 kilos!  I'm very happy and so is mom.  She still has a murmur.  Praying it's the kind that goes away in another month or two.  
Finished my day off with dinner at Fringilla's restaurant.  Chicken feet for dinner! For real! Nothing says Zambia like nshima and chicken feet. Not sure I did them justice. Sorry I forgot my camera at dinner.







Sunday had a wonderful service at Grace Exploits with a lovely dinner at Bishop Nga'andu's home after. Gracious, spontaneous, generous Zambian hospitality with good fellowship.  It's good to finally be able to recognize people I've met before and build relationships.  

No comments:

Post a Comment