Sunday, November 1, 2015

The promised update about my surgery.  It's now been about 2 months since Dr. Bastian enlarged the hole in the back of my vocal cords with a laser so I have more room to breath air all the time.  The surgery and recovery has been good.  My voice came back to normal quickly and from everyone's report is that my voice is stronger than even before surgery.  This wasn't any part of point of the surgery.  In reality, it could only cause the voice quality more issues with a bigger hole.  I am thanking God for what has happened.  I recently have noticed I can talk in a crowded room without having my voice worn out by the end of the day.  I'm still waiting for better breathing with exercise but the doctor says another 1-2 months may bring more improvement.  The best part was the at the scope at my one week follow up, Dr. Bastian says, "Hey, look, I made your vocal cords look like Africa.  See what you think.



I have criss-crossed Michigan in the past two months.  I placed pins on a map this week of all the churches I've been to, going to or are supporting me.  Turns out there are 50!  What makes me more grateful than the number is the depth of connections I am making with each pastor and congregation.  I know we will be partners for a long time.  Thank to all who are in that group!  I also have people from Mississippi, Tennessee, Illinois, Wisconsin, Texas, and Georgia supporting me.  
Each church and visit has it's own story.  I am grateful God allows us to walk together in this journey of life.  
I have ventured into a new form of technology and am using a texting program where you can give easily or get text updates from me periodically (promise they won't be overwhelming in number).  If you are interested 
Text "zambia" to 95577 to receive periodic text updates.
Text "heather" to 95577 to easily give.
Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment