Friday, July 31, 2015

I went right from missions training to the itineration trail.  Pastor Alvin Thomas welcomed me to share at the Nations Church in Shelby Township, MI.  They welcomed me into their home, home fellowship group and church with open arms.

I caught up with Pam Austin, soon to be neighbor in Tanzania who lives in Holland, MI.  Pastor Joe and Sandie Coffman invited me to share my heart at Northpoint Assembly of God.  

I then travelled to Mississippi and met up with three pastors and others who came to Zambia last year.  They came and built three churches in communities with Archie and Nancy McGlawn.  I had a wonderful time sharing at Christian Life in Picayune with Pastor Darrell Worley,  Antioch Assembly with Pastor Tamber and Sheila Proctor, and Pastor Gene and Teresa Emswiler in Moss Point.  



There were several rewarding times of ministry.  One teenage girl is very excited to work with children in missions somewhere down the road.  I love being able to inspire the next generation of missionaries.  I spent three days with the women of Teen Challenge.  I shared in chapel where they inspired me with their openness about their journeys through drug addiction and how God is bringing them healing and wholeness.  The second day we celebrated with two women as they graduated from the year long program.  The last day was Family Fun day.  Besides meeting many of the families and enjoying good Mississippi catfish and hushpuppies, we baptized 4 women and 2 children.  I love seeing God's faithfulness in so many different circumstances.   This is a week I won't quickly forget the generosity, love and prayers lavished on me.  Thankful for team members from across the country.

My most recent adventure was in Leslie, MI with Faith Assembly of God.  I joined the Saturday car show and shared the next day in church.  Glad for pastors and congregations who reach out to the people in their community and around the world.  This congregation is already living out the concept of Community Health Evangelism in the American context.

No comments:

Post a Comment