Friday, May 3, 2013

Yesterday I found my way to University Teaching Hospital and after much walking and asking for directions (helped by very nice people), found the school of medicine dean's office. My interview and test for assessment of competency is scheduled for May 14th. Little bit nervous not knowing what they will ask me. The secretary said they cover questions on surgery, ob/gyn, peds, and internal medicine. Grateful for your prayers.   I impressed myself by finding my way back to my car through the maze of buildings-imagine the first time at any of our U.S. tertiary hospital mazes-it's the same here. I must have walked at least one kilometer. Then unimpressed myself by getting lost on the roads on the way back. Thankful Christine got me turned around and had a lovely lunch with her.

Today we went to the Community Health Evangelism committee/CHE meeting of the group in Nkoloma. They have beautiful gardens and goats. We didn't get to see the goats because they were too far away to walk to today...next time. Also got to see the son of one of the CHEs. He needs further evaluation of his seizures. Pray the process is smooth for the family and he gets the right care. He is three years old and his name is Albert. FYI: Zambians are happy people they just like to look serious for photos. 
Nkoloma CHE gardens...green beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment