Saturday, March 23, 2013

I am feeling more settled in now.  Everything is put away. I went grocery shopping for the first time and now have my own internet modem so can keep in touch better.  Tomorrow we are off to Livingstone and Victoria Falls with a short jaunt to Botswana.  I am excited to meet all the Africa missionaries and learn what they do and how I can connect and fit in.

 Cute duck in the park
 Big Ben
 Fish n Chips
 Trafalger's Square
Buckingham Palace
Enjoyed my brief visit to London.  Saw quite a few sights in just a few hours.

Hit the ground running in Zambia and saw my first patient with Christine Little by 3 hours in country.  I will be Christine's shadow while finding my way around here.  She is a nurse practioner and has great connections here already with wonderful ministry going on.  This picture is of a wonderful mom who had this little boy at 28 weeks and was discharged from the hospital in 2 days!  He more then doubled his weight in his first month and is looking very healthy and happy.  They are a wonderful family that works closely with the ministry here.  Two years ago I was able to join a trip Redson, his father, was on building a church.
Looking forward to sharing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment